The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

National Motorcycle Museum

Anamosa, Iowa

In trying to keep in the theme for Memorial Day weekend I went through all the pictures I took during our recent road trip and this is the best I could come up with, Evel Knievel's 1972 XR750 Harley Davidson motorcycle painted up in red, white and blue stars and stripes.  Hard to believe the man did what he did on a motorcycle with 1970's technology.  One can only imagine the jumping records he would have set with the motorcycles of today.  Or better still, he could have done all that he did back then with far less injuries and broken bones.


The motorcycle museum was a highlight of this trip for me but I'll not bore my readers with all the vintage motorcycle photos I came home with.  Well maybe I'll sneak one or two in every once in awhile when you least expect it.

  

6 comments:

  1. You are so right!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of the time I went to work on a motor. A honda 125 cc twin cylinder. Quit enough for the 20 miles I had to do from my house to my work and back. Still had some unlucky incidents so after the last I stopped. But the feeling of freedom is unbelievable riding one and still my heart is beating faster by seeing a nice example. Thanks for showing John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I was sitting on the backseat with my arms around SC, I didn't feel that freedom feeling, it scared me to go so fast and to lean aside to make the turns around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how the mention of Evel Kneivel always makes me think of Fonzie jumping the shark!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.