A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, May 12, 2014

There's No Place Like Home


Sinbad and I arrived home yesterday safe and happy to be back.  We had a grand time but as I mentioned before, we could use a vacation.  In my last post I made a point about all the wonderful people we met all across the country and there were a few I'd make any effort to avoid.  This is one set and I'd just as soon get this out of the way now before I begin show and tell for the rest of the trip.

We were over-nighting in a Walmart at North Platte Nebraska I believe it was.  When RV'ers stay in a Walmart parking lot they park at the outer limits of the lot so as not to be in the way of regular shoppers which pleases the management.  So I was messing around at the back of the Little House on the Highway when this car roars in behind me parking right next to us.  I could smell them before I even looked.  Both the man and woman had fresh cigarettes going.  The lady was nice enough to ask if they were going to be in my way as she stepped out of the truck.  My answer was "Are you staying the night?"  It just came out without my thinking for I was already planning on moving.  She said no and I said that's fine.  I still had to shut the windows for the wind was blowing that putrid smell inside.

The guy remotely locked the truck as they started to walk to the store when the woman remembered that she had forgot her list and went back to the truck to get it.  The door was locked.  She yells at him to "UNLOCK THE DOOR!"  With that he just took off on her with all types of colorful (foul) language saying what he was going to do to her upside her head and another part of her anatomy for yelling at him and being so stupid for leaving the list behind and a long list of other reasons.  She just accepted this verbal abuse without a word.

Meanwhile I am looking at this trying to make sense of what I am seeing.


I hear Miss Hair-do (is it a wig or really her?) talking on her cell phone while she's dancing around in the parking lot saying "Oh I'm just waiting on my mom..." so I deduce she is the daughter.  The parents both had to have been in their teens when she was born for neither looked really that old.  The guy is still giving  the woman a mouthful all the way across the parking to the front of the store.  The really sad part of all of this is that there was a little boy not even a year old in this mess.  I will say this much for the father, he really paid a lot of attention to the little guy playing and talking baby talk to him.  But it just made me feel bad for this little fellow having to grow up in that type of environment which he will only learn how to ill-treat and disrespect women, not to mention continually breathing in second-hand cigarette smoke with such young lungs.

Here is another picture of the daughter coming back out of the store, having grown tired shopping with mom.  Dad and the little guy had returned to the beat-up old truck long ago and were playing in the front seat.  I include this photo so you can see the tattoos.  The "collar" around her neck reads "A Woman's World".  Not the way the father sees things.  He by the way was loaded with tattoos and mom had her share also.  The only funny thing about this entire story was that the daughter went dancing on into Walmart with a raspberry Fruit Loop stuck to the back of her leg and no one noticed.

10 comments:

  1. Yes there are a lot of photo's on internet only from people who are visiting Walmart. With the guided text its a world in itself. Still nice to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a story to start with. I suppose these are the so called "trash people". You see them all over the world, not only in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, sadly that kind of family dynamic is all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't care how other people live their lives as long as they enjoy themselves. But some folks can't even do that, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that a very sad tale. I don't think some parents have any idea what damage they do to their children when they are forced to listed to such aggressive language.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have them here John... we have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not a hair do that's a hair don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To think that if you go far back enough in time, you know we are all related. Scary, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, EG's comment is kind of scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colored hair is probably extensions that were added to her own hair, BTW.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.