The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Monday Mural - On the Trail


Alpine, Texas

This is a wonderfully done mural.  I like the soft pastel shades to it.  I've spotlighted the focal point of the mural here as it is pretty neat how the artist has the main subject stepping out of frame.

Even with the offending car ("Now where are my Parking Tickets?")
 the mural in its entirety is pretty cool.

This is linked the Oakland Daily Photo's Monday Mural



18 comments:

  1. dang-blasted vehicle! i do like the stepping-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the village where I grew up they used to bring the cows along the road, much to the annoyance of people on their way to work. Once an impatient sports car got rather too close to the back of the herd - with messy consequences for the offending car. One rather hopes the cow in the picture has similar intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Heroic West is WIDE open like that awesome mural!






    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this, particularly the area you highlighted in the first image!

    Visiting from Monday Mural,
    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it even with the car. It's very cool how the artist has made the cowboy seem to "step out" of the picture. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jeep painted in front of the mural looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way the cows are coming out through the wall or the frame or whatever. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it looks a bit 3D painted, very nice done, and so huge again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It almost looks like a watercolor, very pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah yes, beautifully done.

    You could have towed him away with the little house. LOL.

    Thanks for sharing John

    ReplyDelete
  11. To my eye the painting is quite subtly done and looks fine enough to be on a canvas. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this mural. Too bad about the car parked out in front, but I can still see what a wonderful mural this is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the vehicle (modern day horse) adds to the image--point and counterpoint.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.