The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wyoming


Driving Interstate 80 through the lower portion of Wyoming it is just a matter of sitting back, putting in the miles, enjoy the scenery and be thankful you don't have to live here.  It seems the cold blustery wind never ceases until you drop down into Utah.



This always fascinated me.  Wind-whipped draperies of pouring rain at various spots and dry as a bone in between.


10 comments:

  1. ...the first photo is snow? Brrr it sure looks chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great and imposing landscapes. Thanks for showing John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be a right place for movies, so empty and raw landscapes. Fascinating to watch these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it sure is beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just magnificently beautiful! i know it is one of our more sparsely populated states, but wow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous scenery! And those skies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking place.

    I used a graduated filter for the sky in my shot, and underexposed the whole thing by about 1/3 of a stop - which is pretty much my standard first port of call for landscape shots.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to Wyoming only in summer. It's beautiful that time of year. :))

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.