The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Monday Mural - Mail Pouch


Somewhere on Highway 66, Indiana

This is dated 8/93 in the bottom right corner.  It sure has held up well over the years in the
Indiana weather unless it has been repainted during that time.
Cool barn too. One I would like to have if I had a farm.

For more murals go to Oakland Daily Photo's Monday Mural







18 comments:

  1. CLASSIC!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! wonder if it was originally commissioned or was done as a 'retro' kind of thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so new. In fact the build also looks new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. neat barn John; could hardly miss it. Ready for another trail blazer...? Carole, at snaphappyonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a big advertisement for a rather unusual product. Those red wooden barns I like very much, it looks well preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it mean that you eat a post sack or is it indeed the name of tobacco you can put in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look like it has been repainted. I didn't know pouch tobacco was still being advertised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is called the "Lanesville" barn. It looks so fresh because it was re-painted in 2009. Here's an article on the re-painting:

    http://www.corydondemocrat.com/articles-i-2009-07-28-211410.114125-iconic-barn-gets-facelift.html

    I have shot well over 100 Mail Pouch barns. Here's a small gallery of that particular barn I shot back in 2010:

    http://chrisstegner.zenfolio.com/p38305199

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great example of a Mail Pouch barn. I love coming across these on our travels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to have to look up where this is at...it is a real beauty! So glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful. I would think its been repainted maybe several times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice bit of writing though don't agree with what it sells, certanly stands out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great catch! I am always looking for these barns in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This must be on the protected, or downwind, side of the barn!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.