The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Alligators


Everglades, Florida

More pictures of the fascinating animals.

A teenager?  I wish they weren't so aggressive for I would love to pet and hold one.

 I was surprised to find a few right alongside the gravel road.

Yes, I stopped and got out.


I thought about how neat this would be to explore in a canoe.




16 comments:

  1. I love animals but I wouldn't like to pet those ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go ahead and pet them if you like. I'd rather view them from a safe distance - like from England for example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That are really some great close ups. Not my kind of pets but every animal has its place in the balance of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a canoe? Hmmm, you maybe get a passenger with a big mouth with teeth behind you in the canoe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, I'm not a fan of reptile creatures, and I'd certainly want to keep my distance from this guy. The feet are scary, let alone the teeth! Definitely would not go out in a canoe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sort of fascinate me and repel me all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cool and SO prehistoric! i, of course, was enamored by the ferns in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have stayed in the car and out of the canoe. I'm no sissy but that stinker looks like it might have a bad bite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No canoe for me with those guys around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never been to the Everglades, so really enjoyed this post. And absolutely, a canoe or kayak to go out exploring would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like someone's got a great dental plan.

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. my grandma what big teeth you have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love kayaking but I wouldn't have the nerve to get into one anywhere near those creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been to Louisiana more than 30 years ago, reminds me of Bayou Land.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.