The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Beads of Sap



8 comments:

  1. Very very nice composition. Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty. i can see it as a framed poster with something inspirational on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, what a great picture. It looks like raindrops on the wood, but thicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought about photographing this! Not that I have cut wood recently...but even if I had it would not have crossed my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love MarkD60"s comment...tree blood.
    Terrific shot. Great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo . . .
    I have been hit or miss on my blog posting and visiting of late.
    Nice to see you this evening.
    I will be back to my usual in a few weeks.
    I think you mentioned Buster Keaton on one of your posts. He summered here in Muskegon for many years. The city celebrates him often.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.