The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Photogenic Cacti


 That is how I saw this species of cacti. 
They just wanted their picture taken whether it be with a grand scene backdrop,

an intimate setting,

or up close.

Some just want to be alone.

Must have one black and white scene.



8 comments:

  1. You must be very specialized in such conditions to have a life as plant. Impossible in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo is a beauty, as well as the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised to see so much rusty-red on the cactus. Very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that made me smile. loved them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots, John. Always love to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have definitely made it hard to choose the shot I like most- hmm...I think the one with the gorgeous mountains in the background wins today..but the black white shot comes in a very close second. It makes the rocks look almost alien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these (especially that first one), and also the shots on the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all of the different tones in the b&w shot.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.