The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, December 19, 2014

It's in the Details


Just consider as you look at these photos, all of this is probably buried in snow as the altitude there at Ebbet's Pass is 6300 feet (1920 meters). 


Maybe this swallow nest isn't snowed under.





13 comments:

  1. Nice details and sunshine. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swallow nest is so ingenious made, they are real architects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice close-ups of the weathered wood, great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely photos...you don't see those conductors much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found a goldmine for photos in this location.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the old wood and their textures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the color in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love this stuff... old weathered wood, rusty fixtures and faded paint. Beautifully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these detail type shots - you can always find a shot in these sorts of places.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, you did find a gold mine. Great shots

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.