The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

More of the Unusual


Some colorful lichen


and probably the most unusual rock formation I came across at the Alabama Hills.

Yep, I too thought it looked like an old brick wall mortared to the rock.



7 comments:

  1. That it isn't green but orange must say something about the oxygen absorption of the lichen on a place like this. Perhaps a kind of sun filter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots - and that 'brick work' does not look natural.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can see some interesting items when having a closer look at the rocks. That brick wall is mysterious, a little goblin had a workout?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how neat! the ancients were playing tetris? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last photo is interesting. I wonder what made it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and textures, and interesting formations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rock formation looks like a southwestern bear design, great find!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.