The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Three Scenes


This cone wasn't quite as big as a loaf of bread as that other pine cone was but be sure, you wouldn't want this come crashing down on your head.  It'd probably bring you to your knees.

There was not that much fall forest color in this grove of sequoias.

And another little chickaree.

There probably is several feet of snow there now, 
a whole different scene but don't expect me to go see and photograph it...ever.
I wonder what the chickarees do about that snow?






6 comments:

  1. Very pretty tree with the salmon-colored leaves. Stunning against all the dark greens and browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonder if they hibernate. our squirrels don't, here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww come on John, we want to see it in the snow :>), lol just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't imagine pine cones that big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place to hike and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful photos. Here chickarees sleep a lot during the winter or stay in their nests anyway. They come out on warmish days.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.