The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Why I Like That Camp Spot


Right behind us.  I can just take off and explore.
A forest of Joshua Trees.



You sure don't want to run into one of these.  It'll poke your eye out!




7 comments:

  1. What amazing things nature has wrought! Great campsite as long as you don't sleepwalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harsh conditions protected with harsh measures. But what a great trees are this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The famous Joshua trees, I have never seen them. I only heard about them for the fist time by U2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last shot, John! Frame-able. What great lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last shot is very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joshua Trees are awesome. Love the b&w.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.