A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, January 23, 2015

Mushrooms 19


This is one of the most unusual looking specimens I have come across in my mushroom hunts.  I have only seen this once before and that was a couple years ago.  It known as Lion's Mane and it is edible.  Supposedly it improves your memory and mood but I think it too pretty to pick.  Most likely it is not available in local grocery store but you can buy a "kit" from health food stores and grow your own.








12 comments:

  1. I have never seen such one before, very unusual, like a wig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a sea anemone without water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an odd mushroom, for sure...is it poisonous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a distance it looks like a dead sheep till the picture came up full. Yukky. I never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not familiar with this one though apparently it grows in Europe. My mood is OK but my memory could do with a little help now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent find! I've never seen this in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give up! You probably have a dozen reply from me trying to reply through my Wordpress account! :O I bet you had to go deep into the forest to find this beauty!!

      https://wandaringthroughlalaland.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  8. Looks more like something found in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very bizarre looking. Never seen anything like it. Glad you didn't pick it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a strange, strange fungus!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.