The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Mushrooms 5


This one reminded me of a ballerina's tutu.


These, although my camera really didn't pick up on the golden brown color, I called pancake mushrooms.  They looked like just fresh off the griddle. Add some maple syrup and enjoy.



I think I ate a soup at a Chinese restaurant one time that had something 
looking like these floating in it.  Won-ton soup?
The delicate thin edges, maybe a jellyfish of some sort?



11 comments:

  1. We learn a lot of your posts, I will never look the same way at mushrooms now, a tutu, a jellyfish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is very convenient to describe the shape in a recognizable equation. Only finding one is always a bit trouble. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do find some of the most photogenic mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, you've had a great run of mushroom sightings recently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup, i always crave maple syrup when i see photos of the pancake ones, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right those last ones look like Won Ton for soup. (my favorite soup)
    Love the damp earthy feeling of the fungus shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you have found so many mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first one does look like a tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. John,
    These are very pretty.
    Have a Beautiful Day!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.