The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Left Alone


From the Archives - Greensburg, Kansas 2012

One of the less than 5% of the structures left standing after a EF5 tornado struck the town on May 4, 2007.  If Chandler Minnesota left any doubt in my mind about my long time wish to see a tornado, Greensburg took care of that.


It is a mystery as to why all the houses around it were blown away yet this one was left standing.




9 comments:

  1. By the look of it it passed very narrowly. Not my cup of tea either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one experience I'll gladly forego as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a tornado and never hope to see one. When I was a child and very impressionable, a tornado passed through a neighbouring town. Photos of the destruction scared me then and thinking about it scares me now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The power of a tornado is unbelievable. I've also seen the aftermath back in the day, when one passed through just a few miles from our farm. It wiped out all the buildings on a farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great shot, it really says a lot! I would love to storm chase one day. Living in Oklahoma, you are bound to be see tornadoes, I just pray we will never actually be in one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always amazes me how one can me left standing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it does look lonely...wonderful in B&W!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.