The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentines Day



My wife knits these hearts then runs them (not the one in the middle)  through the washing machine to make them fuzzy.  Funny thing though is we have a front loader washing machine and they weren't coming out the way she wanted.  A friend suggested trying a top loader machine and so she did.  
It worked.  Weird how the orientation of the tub made a difference.
Have a nice heart day!







13 comments:

  1. I don't understand, putting wool in the washing machine makes them shrink anyhow, not fuzzy in my opinion. Strange that the orientation of the tub makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Must have something to do with the rubbing action in a top loading machine. Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hearts are just lovely. Wonder what the difference is in the washers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. squeeze that wife of yours for me, will you? deliver her a hug from texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Heart Day to you and to your little lady as well John.... I have chocolates things over on my blog if you want one......
    and needle felted little guys...I use a sharp needle and just stab away till I get my bears fluffy..... dry felting versus wet...you wife will know the description I'm sure ....
    Vee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what Roving is? Is this another word for dry felting?

      Delete
    2. Janie, .... roving is just a name that refers to the wool fibres that are used ... I think it can refer to any fibres...but, for the dry felting I buy wool roving ... of various types and colours.... check out Needle Felting sometime online and you will see all sorts of info on what, how, etc...

      Delete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day! These came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are nice. I think Sinbad needs a Catnip filled one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.