A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, February 20, 2015

Oh Buffalo Burgers!


From the Archives - North Dakota, 2012

There was an eatery near where we camped one evening and I thought I'd treat myself to eating out.  Their menu included buffalo burgers.  I had them once before in Montana I believe it was and wasn't all that impressed.  Well this venture into the exotic cuisine didn't improve my opinion any.  Touted to be healthier for you with less fat and cholesterol (marginal), this is the only plus for if I didn't know better, it was pure cow - tasted no different, but costs a lot more.  I won't buy one again.
That lemonade was really good though.

Good advice which I didn't put to the test as I did trying a buffalo burger, again.



11 comments:

  1. Good to know when somebody is going to rip you off with expensive meat in a burger and it just taste normal. Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rather deception for you but a good salesman to give you the impression you are eating something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sign! I will definitely stay on the outside of that fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it wasn't a white buffalo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sign. I'm not a big fan of buffalo either, too dry for me. Hubby likes all that wild game food. We do add a bit of regular beef to our venison to add flavor and so it's not so dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. I don't believe I have ever had Buffalo, the one I have had that I thoroughly enjoyed was Elk (wild) a friend gave me: perhaps one of the best tasting meats I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't think i've ever had buffalo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never eaten it either, and don't want to now! We have our own meat anyway and it tastes just fine. Love the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never eaten it either. Love the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never had buffalo burgers...will remember not to bother with trying them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.