The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Old Church


From the Archives - North Dakota, 2012

The brutal North Dakota weather has done its work on this poor church.

 Not bad though for being 103 years old.

With less than 100 people living in the little town of Jud,  
the old church probably doesn't stand much of a chance for the future.



19 comments:

  1. It is such a pretty building, it should have a paint work on the outside to look better. But probably the wood is not in a good condition anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering it is mad of wood and lasted all this time I thing it has done superbly well. Beautifull old church

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful piece of architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad that it has been left to ruin. Someone should restore it. And in light of the age of some of the building in Europe, 103 years aint much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure makes for great photos, though. love the b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like something out of a horror movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was very nice at the time of its glory, and now has a great picture. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nicely proportioned building, especially the tower. I hope that someone thinks about preserving some of these country churches before they all disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not bad at all, and I can see where a bit of paint and a tad more of TLC would truly bring this back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sure has been a beauty...even is still. I wish someone would fix it up. Up by Lafayette, there is a church that was bought and turned into a quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad since it looks like it was a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a wonderful old building John...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks nice in b&w, a little weathering makes things interesting, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sad. I'm sure it was beautiful in it day and in a way it still is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does need a bit of TLC, but I'm sure its possible.

    The beaches in Tasmania are pretty remarkable really!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I would have worn my camera out taking pictures of that wonderful church. I love paint peeling , weathered things. Love the black and white ones especially.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sad watching it fall down. But I guess, all things have their time, even St. Paul's Lutheran.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.