The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Corn Capitol


From the Archives - Minnesota, 2012
I have always likened the thought of corn growing to the state of Iowa
but it seems Minnesota thinks otherwise.


Supposedly this is the world's largest ear of corn,
so I'll take their word on that.




13 comments:

  1. Thats a strange claim to fame - if you build they will come I suppose!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a case of who has the biggest....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of several states that I would have thought grew more corn.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. bring on the butter and a dash of ground pepper, please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (and i'll provide the dental floss...)

      Delete
  5. There are also several places that compete for the 'pumpkin capital of the world' designation. Love corn on the cob, but being from Illinois...that is the corn growing state.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice find, John!
    Cornucopia?
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. High as an elephant's eye!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.