The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Trailer Trash


From the Archives - 2012

This is one of my better finds for the Trailer Trash series 
I would run after each of our yearly cross-country trips.
I cannot help but think all of the wonderful adventures it must have had back in the 60's or so.
Now it is abandoned along some lonely stretch of road in some state, I have forgotten which.





13 comments:

  1. Nice shots. I bet it could tell a few tales.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Battered by the elements but still standing.Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what stories it could tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, and it really would be interesting to know about the trailers' owners and what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it was a useful beauty in its day. You captured it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting find and so sad also! left behind and forgotten. but maybe a lot of fun back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... If only they could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice finds, I like the b&w best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing to me that someone would just abandon it like that! Gotta love the freedom to think "Mom" will pick up after them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.