The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

We Like Big Things in America


From the Archives -  2012

Oklahoma

Arizona

Oklahoma again.
This store was robbed last November.  They caught the guy a month later.
Maybe they need to get a guard dog instead.

Okay truth is, King Kong is only about 3 or 4 feet tall.  
The way I set up the shot made him look much bigger.






15 comments:

  1. Nice ones!

    Yeah we do


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well executed. Big is big and when its not we make it appear as big. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, John. And clever how you made King Kong look bigger than life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, I remember those huge figures along the road in the US on our first trip, had never seen that before

    ReplyDelete
  5. That T-Rex is so realistic.

    ;-)

    These were fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome. writing these down. so cool. i love dinosaurs. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice trick shot at the end! we'd have believed he was giant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do! Ouch, will you let me down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this what so nice to see a little scary but in general. I liked all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. King Kong does look much bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You forgot the one in California.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some would say that the model of the T. rex with the person in its mouth is historically accurate!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    PS: but they're wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! These are fantastic! Nice finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! These are fantastic! Nice finds :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.