The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

World's Smallest City Block


From the Archives - Alabama 2013

Just what constitutes a city block?
Two stop signs and a street sign?


Across the street was this delightful sculpture.





8 comments:

  1. That is such a nice sculpture of the two! That stop sign they should not put there when not necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting 'block' but the sculpture is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, not much to mow, and that sculpture is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy town! I absolutely love that sculpture. I am not usually one that really likes them, but that one is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute city block and great sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The statue is very enjoyable.
    I did note that the couple were not on their smartphones, but rather the gent had a book or a newspaper in hand.
    How nice!

    Good find, John!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.