The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Big Disappointment


From the Archives - Iowa 2012

The Hobo Museum in Britt, Iowa
I was so excited to be here, parked the Little House on the Highway, walked up to the old movie theater and read the sign on the door...Closed. Open Memorial Day thru August 25.
We were there a week late...September 3.
There were no tears, but it was close.
Worse yet, admission is only $3!  I'd pay that without a thought.






11 comments:

  1. Good reason to try again some times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious what is in there, hope you will return some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too bad. A place I would like to wander through, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, MAN~!!!! That sounds like it would be a cool exhibit. My good friend growing up lived near the railroad tracks, and we would walk the rails all the time. About a mile away from town, there was an oft used hobo camp, and we'd love to poke around to see what these guys left behind. What brand of cigarettes/cigars...what kind of food wraps left behind....markings on the trees indicating directions to town and miles...sometimes names....which tree to use for hygiene purposes...all kinds of interesting things for a kid to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Homer Simpson would say, "DOH!!". Hopefully you will pass that way again and get another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, vagabond; I can see why you identified with this place. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that theater sign! Wonder if they still light it up?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.