A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, March 7, 2015

Going to Waste


I have seen a lot of vacant, abandoned homes, farms and ranches during our travels back and forth across America.  It is such a shame especially when you consider all of those who don't have a place to call home.  This one here in Oklahoma looked to be in good condition.  Why did they leave? Where did they go?  Why isn't someone else living there today?  Being that there wasn't anything else nearby for miles upon miles might have something to do with that.


It was so peaceful and quiet there as it sat alongside a little used two-lane highway of Oklahoma.

Of course I wondered what kind of left-behind "treasures" might be inside these walls.



12 comments:

  1. Always intriguing such abandoned place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is strange to see a well preserved house so abandoned in the middle of nowhere. But that is the reason maybe indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a surprising number of apparently abandoned places too. Always brings so many questions to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. This old place is definitely a place to wonder about. Perhaps the owners though they'd find a better life in a city. Seems like a lot of people think that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was someone's dream for a while. no work, no livelihood, no residents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does make you wonder what happen and I always want to go inside to get more of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see them here also and I wonder about the same things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like an old well. Maybe there is no water. Looks salvageable though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably large corporate farms bought these places out. The big guys don't live on farms. They just send workers out to work the land.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It doesn't look like there is any electricity to it....and I wonder did they have a good supply of water. Questions, and more questions.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.