A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, March 6, 2015

Ladies Powder Room


From the Archives - Nevada, 2012

Some of you ladies lamented the fact that you may not have fared too well travelling overland in the Conestoga Wagon I showed a few days ago.  How well do you think you could manage these bathroom facilities?


Don't be too hard on yourselves.  Keep in mind back in those times you wouldn't have anything else to compare it with.  A covered wagon or an outhouse would have been all that you knew of.  
You'd do just fine.  Such was life then.








12 comments:

  1. A very inviting place to powder my nose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't look that back to me, Have you seen the Portaloo's over here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how deep the hole is beneath or isn't there one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's disgusting! The apostrophe in "Ladie's" should be after the S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd rather dig a hole outside and pop a squat, thank you. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back on the farm, we did have indoor plumbing, but there was an old outhouse on the property. As Kids we were told to use the outhouse instead of tracking into the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've used a few of those. rather nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have to fix that hole first though! Pretty funny...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that an air vent on the side? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about a spinter in the seat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's true that we can get used to what we have. But I'm NOT used to that so I would not be happy to use that facility now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. With all the hiking I do I am quite familiar with the back of a tree as my outhouse! I'll pick a tree over an outhouse or a remote vault toilet every time. Don't have to worry about spiders lurking!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.