The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, March 9, 2015

Sunflowers


From the Archives - South Dakota, 2012

So many sunflowers in this state it was hard to choose which ones to photograph.


See what I mean?  Too many choices!


Black and white doesn't work well with sunflowers.
They deserve their color.




13 comments:

  1. Wow, the yellow just hurts the eye. They must be manipulated by having a bigger heart and smaller flower leaves then the ones v. Gogh painted but it gives more oil of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is a yellow field full. Such a nice picture, I always think they look a bit like little faces looking at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to see a lot of sunflowers here too but now I have to search for them. I think they are extra special flowers that make many people feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see South Dakota (where my hubby is from) with a crop that is a bit unusual and not available in all places. The picture of the field is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they sure do. beautiful! and i, of course, think of all the happy birds eating those seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful sight that is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That definitely is a Smile ...a Mile....
    Beautiful Sunshine Sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That definitely is a Smile ...a Mile....
    Beautiful Sunshine Sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love me some sunflowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shots are transcendent!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the contrast between the flower color and the intense blue sky.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.