The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, March 23, 2015

That Old Car


Several viewers liked the old car that was with the chickens in the window so here are a couple more pictures of it resting in North Dakota.


The license plate shows 80 (1980) so it was on that road at least up to that date.

It is a 1940 Chevrolet Town Sedan.





10 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful those old cars, so different from the modern ones. The small windows and the length of the car with the footstep, it is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is begging for a restoration project and it looks not so bad from the outside. Nice old one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is worthy of its own post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandpa had a 1946 Chevy coupe, which my brother and I eventually turned into a fun car. We took out the door panels and covered them with red material, covered the arm rests with velvet and put a fuzzy rug in the back window. It had one of those funny looking starters on the floor, and that car hauled around many of our high school friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems funny to me that no one has restored it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots. I would frame that second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brothers had cars like this. I was born in 1942. My brothers were older than I. As I grew up seems a lifetime my brothers were driving them and polishing them. What memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, great reminders of yesteryear - I bet there were some interesting journeys taken in this vehicle!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.