The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring Blooms in the Desert


A small fishhook cactus with tiny blossoms.  
These flowers are about the size of an eraser on the end of a pencil.



12 comments:

  1. I am always surprised a cactus has such beautiful bright flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't cactus blooms fascinating, John? Such delicate flowers among all the thorns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you told the size--when I first saw them I pictured them being really big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little plants... well spotted John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even the prickly can be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very distinct and very pretty!
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.