A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, May 1, 2015

Western Bluebird Eggs


We put this nesting box up several years ago and they said it might take a few years before the bluebirds might use it.  Well this year finally, someone moved in and set up a nursery.


I'll not bother it anymore even when (if) I hear baby birds chirping.
It is kind of cramped in there but I guess this is what bluebirds like.
I just wonder how she could pop out four eggs?  She's not that big it seems.
The eggs are about the size of your purple table grapes.  
Notice the head of the Phillips head screw to get an idea.



10 comments:

  1. Detailed explanation beautiful illustrated. Now we want to see the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she left the eggs alone? I thought they always had to be kept warm by the mother or the father. Interesting view for Sinbad....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, such pretty little eggs. Hope you didn't disturb the environment! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a lovely find, John!
    Now, in spite of my 'fear of heights', I am tempted to check what is in the Bluebird house now.
    So, thanks for the idea!
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. I am looking forward to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mothers of any sort are amazing aren't they? ... they do pop out some good sized eggs don't they?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.