The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Just Lean on Me


Some of the buildings at Bodie need a little help.





8 comments:

  1. Nice sense, "need a little help", that is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one looks like a wood saw and the second one well a bit to much use of the privy. This place is really worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. msn.com had a feature of 'abandoned places around the world' and bodie was their cover shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was up yesterday and i thought of you, of course.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, things have fallen a lot more than when we were last there.
    Bodie is one of my most favorite places to visit. I love the abandoned, rusty, grungy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of people tipping over outhouses but this is permanently tilted. :))

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.