The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Water


Water must have been a precious resource in Bodie as there are no flowing streams anywhere in the high country of the eastern Sierra where Bodie is located.
Notice another prop holding up a building.

 There was snow in the winters though.  But that would mean firewood to melt the snow and there are no trees in the area.  All timber was hauled in.

I guess they made up for it all by drinking more beer and whisky.


7 comments:

  1. It was already a big problem and it will only getting stil bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When there is no water , there is always a beer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took determined people to make a life there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot imagine having to live without an abundance of water!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.