A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, September 25, 2015

We Say Good-bye to Bodie


The entrance station which is greatly protected from being smashed into by the distracted tourist driving a motorhome.  The boulder will stop you on a dime.

The long dirt road leading into and out of Bodie.  You can see why a driver might not be paying attention.  After miles and miles of this, you see the town; "Finally we're here! Ooo...look at that!"
>CRASH<

Me, I enjoy the scenery wherever I am.  
Here the Sierra mountain range in the distance provides a wonderful view.


13 comments:

  1. Oh boy would I love to go there, so peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the view at the Sierra mountains, so wonderful. I am always excited to see mountains, maybe because we don''t have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed difficult to keep your attention on the road but it looks very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a location they had for the town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand the need for the boulder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is what I call the Outback!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know a few places around here that could use some of those huge boulders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found the Brodie series fascinating. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see people that live on corner plots install big boudlers to stop people from cutting through the edge of their yards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's quite a boulder at the entrance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That boulder would put a dent in your plans!

    Cheers - Stewart M -Melbourne

    PS: knee deep in school holidays, hence slow reply! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Worryingly that boulder looks quite battered. Lovely scenes, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just as I finally get back online you are leaving Bodie. I have loved all of the pictures and have thought how much I would finally like for bud and me to hit the road and see our own beautiful country. That boulder was a cool move on part of the part staff.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.