The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, October 23, 2015

A Hiker Friendly Tree


I am able to walk beneath this limb without having to duck my head.
If I were 6 feet tall, it wouldn't work out so well.

12 comments:

  1. It seems nature made an arc to have people an easy passage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dream of many painters.Such a nature formed gate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, and arch in the branch on the trail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of our live oak trees, growing every which way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tree made me smile. At 5' 2" i don't get bonked on the head by things too often, Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tree made me smile. At 5' 2" i don't get bonked on the head by things too often, Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the branch was purposefully shaped to make way for hikers!! I like the lichen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking branch - and being able to walk underrate un-bent is one of the advantages of being close to the ground!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect tree for over a trail!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.