A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Discovering Lost Material

My new camera has this wi-fi capability and I was trying to learn how to use it.  This involved installing an app on my prehistoric iPhone, connecting the two and then images from my camera magically jumped over into the iPhone.  Wow!  So I wondered if I could then put the image onto my blog using the iPhone.  Well, yes I could.  This opens up a door of a whole new opportunity for me.  If I have a signal out in the wilderness during my travels, I could post camera pictures on my blog without having a computer.  I did a test post.  It worked!  I then clicked on "drafts" on my blog to check the test post out on the computer and discovered this draft post (gee, I had 18 of them in there) from something I was messing around with over six years ago!  So I am posting it now for your viewing pleasure.

This photo is from when I used a film camera long ago.  I wondered how prints would scan and if they could be used for the blog.  Not so well as can be seen.  Either I had a crappy camera back then, have a crappy scanner now, or just don't know what I am doing.  Probably a little of all three.

At any rate, moments like this don't happen often and I look forward to the day when I am presented with a rainbow shot like this again. Only this time having a digital camera I can make several tries to position myself directly beneath where the rainbow touches the ground. That would be a great image.


13 comments:

  1. But still you can find that pot of gold here. Great shot. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow shots are rare where I live and I don't think I have ever seen an opportunity as great as this one! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you know a whole lot about what you are doing John!! And, what a great photo that is! Even if it isn't perfect I think I'd declare it one in a big number... close to a million.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your photos










    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, I think this image is beautiful just the way it is. Cool composition, intriguing serendipity, and humor all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. You could definitely get a better scan than that.

      Delete
  6. Thats a cracking shot - and maybe the gold at the end of the rainbow was the lost posts!

    cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going on any adventures soon with Sinbad?
    I like this photo a lot too.
    Wonder where you will see your next rainbow out there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you going on any adventures soon with Sinbad?
    I like this photo a lot too.
    Wonder where you will see your next rainbow out there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous photo I think it is exactly the way it should be. How cool all that technology isn't it There is so much possible and so much to learn

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.