The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Good Enough to Eat


A fungi along the trail that looked like a nicely toasted bread.

You probably liked this photo better than the baby rattlesnake.


12 comments:

  1. It must be something else but it seems that this mushroom is affected by another type of fungus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better than the rattlesnake, although I do believe the rattlesnake was more interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting fungi.....I'm with RedPat on what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at that manna!




    ALOHA, Friend
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_('')

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really looks like a bread indeed, to bite in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so funny that you wrote about liking this shot better than the little rattler. Well, as the picture was coming up, I was thinking...I can’t get that darn rattlesnake out of my head. Am so glad this has something to do with eating. A fun title and a good shot. Physical therapist says Bud’s hip is seriously arthritic. Not good news. Another run in WV two weeks from today.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.