A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Hidden Buck


I walked by less than 10 feet away from him before he jumped to his feet.  That was how well concealed he was in the brush.  Once he determined I was no threat he went about grazing.  
That's how long it took for me to get my camera out.

Then his girlfriend who I never saw either, she was just to the left behind that green shrub,
 jumped up and took off.  He watched where she went.

This was the moment before he dashed off after her, gone in a flash.

10 comments:

  1. You've got to be acutely observant to spot these fellows, haven't you? There are quite a few deer in my area but despite it being open farming country most folk are unaware of their existence. I only ever seem to see them when they have young ones who are presumably less wary or skilled in bushcraft than their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very close, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good hidden I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He just thinks he is hiding. Good shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One time I went for a walk up at Silver Lake, in the Eastern Sierra Nevada, while hubby was taking a nap. Off I went on a horse trail. The horses had just passed through there, so I thought every living creature was long gone. Nope. I heard a rustle in the bushes and I thought, "Oh, no! I'll be eaten by a bear and hubby won't even know it!"...well, it was 3 deer! Phew~! I don't go off by myself any more!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.