The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

I couldn't help myself


On one of my hikes I came across this unusual looking rock with this strange coloration.  That and it was nearly perfectly square looking as if it came out from an 8 inch baking pan.  I brought it home.
Poor rock.  Sitting there minding its own business then I came along.

11 comments:

  1. Your wife must have thought you brought home a cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It blends in really good with the colors of the leaves around. Great camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unusual, but it is really neat. All the colors in the shot blend together. Keep up those day hikes...they build up strength for the longer and harder ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have brought it home as well, John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a brownie, made by a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks magical. Maybe has some secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, that's cool! i'd have picked it up, too. cake pan, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did miss this...I take rocks home, too. As long as I can tell they are not being used to stop erosion! I will bring home unusal ones sometimes, but my real love is the rounded ones...like from a river or creek.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.