The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Just Passin' Through


The deer are always in the backyard but I've not seen this big buck before.
This was a hurry-up grab shot not realizing the camera had focused on the plant.

Moving on to another window they had already turned and were heading away.
He stopped at those low hanging branches in the distance to rub his antlers in them.
I had hiked six miles in the woodlands yesterday and saw no animals.  
I come home and see more in my backyard.



10 comments:

  1. Wow great shots, nice they come so close to your home. Had to laugh about the hiking, nature is coming to you when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thing to see in your back yard. I'm lucky if I see any when I go to work at the moment though I did see a fox the other day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great visitors in your back garden then. Do you think they look to your garden as a shopping mall for food and water?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing that you saw more wildlife in your own yard. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprise! Surprise! You never know what you are going to see out your window. That was a big one. A happy family out for a little jaunt on Thanksgiving Day. Hope they survive the hunters. I survived the “race,” and I got the pictures up last night. Now Buddy wants to do another one in Roanoke....I don’t know about that. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! Though I used to walk my dog over by the railroad...a block away and would see deer every now and then, and always seen their tracks. And I see eagles from my yard a few times every year now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same....even in a big city. Deer, skunks, squirrels, lots of birds, coyotes... and, I'm darned sure I even saw a wolf one day...it was too big to be a coyote! Went in and out of several yards ....wish I had owned my zoom lens then....so I could have seen him up closer ..or gotten a pic.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic to see... it must have been a wonderful moment

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.