The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Art at the Flea Market


I stood there at the table and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what this artist was creating.  
Well modern impressionist art is sometimes difficult to figure out anyway.


Then I finally reasoned I was standing on the wrong side of the table.
I turned the painting around and...





9 comments:

  1. So like my experience with today's mural. You look and look, scratch your head, and then finally it clicks in. I dub it the "duh" phenomenon. Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha,ha, it is a good painting anyway, looks like an Mediterranean little village with narrow streets with steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thinking from you. Its indeed a kind of street view from a mediterranean town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny to turn the picture over and see what it was portraying. I like art that is more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all in the perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing what a change of perspective will do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I’ve just found your post. You have a great life style. Sinbad is gorgeous. I’ve started to read your blog from the beginning, most engrossing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.