The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, January 8, 2016

The Knife Seller


After the pile of jewelry the next flea market seller of interest was the guy selling knives.  He had a whole bunch more spread out on his tables but I was focusing on the colorful display on this board.  While composing this picture a gentleman walked up and asked the seller if he had any U.S.A. made knives.  The seller had only two.  And so goes our consumer choices in America these days. 

9 comments:

  1. I never associated knives with so much color. What a display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did all the others come from? Have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been a lover of knives other than our 2 trust Swiss Army ones but I could get interested in this collection and the way he owner has them displayed. It is so colorful and lots more organized than the jewelry. At least here you can see what you might want without digging. Neat post. Bud is off to his first run of the new year tomorrow...the Frozen Toe off road race. I may go or I may not. His hip is doing so much better since all the PT so he is really UP about the race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary stuff to see so many knives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So colorful and sad to see only two US knives out of the whole bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these markets are great sources of pictures. I dont think the US is alone in not making as much 'stuff' as it used to.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love knives and tend to like drop points. I carry a knife in my pocket 99% of the time. People always make fun of me, but then they turn around and ask if I have my knife.

    Have you ever seen my husband's knives...you can see ones he has made Here and Here. On that first link, at the bottom you can click on 'Older post" to take you to a few more. I think you might find some of them interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The knives are quite colourful and attractive displayed this way.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.