A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fleeting Reflections


Standing water is a rarity in my next door State Park so when there is some, 
you take advantage of the reflections. 

This is a running stream in Frey Canyon.  The water here is always milky looking and this may be due to the rich deposit of rhyolite farther up in the canyon.  Rhyolite is a volcanic rock of silica composition and maybe this is silica suspended in the water.

In another part of the park a large oak tree is reflected in a small pond 
that will not last much longer unless we get more rain.


5 comments:

  1. The first one almost looks as if we are looking through a mist...and the second is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful but I like #1 the way you took it. Reflection of sun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.