The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Just Little Me...


...casting a long shadow along the trail.

On the weekends I don't go out on the trails.  Too many people out there so I leave them for those poor souls who still have to work during the week.  On those weekdays I have the trails all to myself!
(insert smiley face here)


9 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I work some weekends and have days off in the week as compensation, an arrangement that suits my purpose admirably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot escape your shadow but at least you can keep it for yourself. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those are the benefits of being retired, avoiding the crowds and go as you please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like this kind of shot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to have the trails to yourself, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not one for crowds either....no matter where.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Bud and I are out and about, so many of our photos end up with a big old shadow like this. It’s an impressive one. Instead of shrinking with age as I am, you are getting taller :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.