The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, February 1, 2016

Losing Followers to Your Blog?


The week before last I all of a sudden lost a handful of followers from my blog.  I wondered what I had posted that upset so many to abandon ship all in mass.  Well this morning Genie at Climbing the Digital Mountain had a post about the very same issue she was experiencing.  The Super-sleuth she is, she found out what was going on.  So click on the highlighted link above if you too have lost a large amount of followers.  Now I know it wasn't anything I said or did. 

Now with that all cleared up, here is a happy little cascade.


11 comments:

  1. I haven't noticed it yet here at my blog. There are sometimes strange followers among them, with unreadable languages. I don' often look at the friends connect in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one thing for certain in the digital age. Nothing ever stays the same. No matter the platform, how well it performs, the InterWebs are no more eternal than are washers, dryers, automobiles or …. smartphones. they have their lifespan and that’s all there is to it.

    Get used to it.

    It’s not going to get better. Not unless the company is making heaps and gobs of money from whatever YOU are doing with it and even then if they think they can make MORE MONEY some other way you better believe your favorite Whatis is going to disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have too! I thought it was something I said,

    Whew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I had heard of this a while back...and just started losing my followers.

    I like your little cascade...they always appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm losing them too but it seems there is nothing to be done about it! Nice pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice little stream - I had noticed a few missing followers - I put it down to spring cleaning!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    PS: your last comment on my post was way to cynical!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't use Twitter or Facebook so if that is the reason some of my followers are missing tough. Nice cascade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the moss in this photo. I do wonder why Google is changing things and doubt it's for the reasons they say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed I suddenly lost 3 recently but since I write for me and not followers I wasn't too concerned. Occasionally I go through my list and delete a few that aren't posting anymore or whose interests don't line up anymore (travel/photography). I know I don't comment often, but I'm still here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed the same thing when I lost 16 bloggers, which is sad to me. I don't know who they are and thus I can not contact them. Oh well. I am happy to find your blog today. With my own blog I added the bloglovin.com follow button and the follow by email link to make it easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.