The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Ghost Coyote


In getting the movie ready for the previous post 
I forgot about the two stills I shot before I began filming the coyote.  


I wondered how much I could crop the above image before it got all weird looking then saw that weird looked sort of neat.  Changing it to black & white then made him look ghostly.
They are such cool looking animals.


9 comments:

  1. I used to take morning walks at the city-owned and operated golf course. We (non-members) weren't allowed to walk on the course, but there are nice trails above it. I looked up one time and a coyote was sitting by a palo verde watching me. Another time, it was two. I often spotted them. One time, however, FOUR of them were sitting watching me. I stood and watched them and they watched me. I didn't get a photo of all 4, but I do have some of two of them. That was a little unnerving, especially since this was the time period that there were 2 coyote attacks on humans in Palm Springs. We believe that the kitchen throws out scraps for the coyotes and there are PLENTY of rabbits along the golf courses. I haven't been up there for a while, until yesterday, but another time I flushed one out of the palm trees by the pond. They DO seem to be well fed.
    ~Cheryl Ann~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that's a very arresting image of a charismatic animal. The B/W image is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a nice soft B&W from a famous animal. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely like the cropped version best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little scary...looks like it would bite?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats the kind of ghost I can believe in!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.