The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Desert Debris


A rodent midden.  Little furry creatures gather up all the loose sticks and debris they can to make a safe home for themselves in the rocks.  Imagination how many trips back and forth this was.

This I could only surmise was an old prospector's camp site.  I looked all around for any signs of a mine, a hole in the ground or some type of digging but could not locate it.  

This was a remarkable rock formation but unfortunately my photo doesn't really show it very well.
 This is all one huge piece of granite and all of it beyond the crack was as flat as a pool table.

Here we needed more clouds for a dramatic sunset.



8 comments:

  1. Great set of pictures - remind me go how much I enjoyed being in central Australia - similar scenes.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed what great landscapes. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some just threw their old cans away there. Very nice sunset

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting journey this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might also be a cowboy campsite. Instead of a mineshaft you might find cowflops to tell. Wish I was there either way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat surroundings you have at this place. Interesting to explore and I would be pondering the cans myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to see the desert through your eyes, you see so much details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. animals work hard to 'feather' their nests. :) all the old cans is kinda neat trash.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.