A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, April 25, 2016

Wandering About


Wandering off into the desert I came across this fallen Joshua Tree and was surprised as to how shallow their root system is.  I guess it can gather more water along the surface than deep.

I thought this rock formation looked like a bear or buffalo.

This is a California Juniper tree. You wouldn't think a pine tree would be growing in the desert.  It was the only one around which begs the question as to how the seed from which it grew came to be here?  I guess a bird pooped here a long time ago.

Well one thing is for sure, you'll not find any better shade in the desert from the hot sun than right here.  Looks like a good place to camp.


5 comments:

  1. Its green in your desert. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was Armadillo, some nice green in the desert

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see greens in the desert. To get shade in desert is difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is nice to see so much trees and plants in the desert, Is it allowed to camp everywhere you want?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.