The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, April 9, 2016

We're Back!


We had a good visit to the Mojave National Preserve.  Sinbad did great.  This is our first road trip in nearly a year.  I hadn't realized it had been that long.  But his health is much improved and it was just like old times.  The big difference now is he doesn't seem that interested in going out exploring.  I think this was due to him being nearly deaf now and he cannot hear the interesting noises in the brush that used to peak his curiosity.  Now he would just sit and stare outside for awhile then turn around and go back to sleep.  I'll get pictures together and start with them next week.

The other thing I noticed was now he cannot hear me approach the RV when I would return from a hike.  In the past I'd hear a "thump" as he would jump down from wherever to greet me at the door.  Now he isn't aware I am back.  It used to be a game we'd play to see if I could sneak up without him knowing but not anymore.



8 comments:

  1. Great to see Sinbad back in the desert. Also nice for his boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see Sinbad on the travelroad again. He looks very smart looking at you with a clear view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Sinbad. He's looking very well and beautiful. I think Daisey is losing her hearing too. She doesn't do a lot of the things she once did - and I miss playing those little games with her. We're blessed to have our kitties with us still, given their age. I'm glad Sinbad got another trip to the desert under his belt. Looking forward to more pics of him. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sinbad!!! Such a handsome fellow, still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely shots of him outside. Even if he can't hear the desert sounds I'm sure he is still appreciating his time spent there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking cat, very handsome

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good day is a day on the road with a great companion. Glad to see you both rambling about again. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.