The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Few Unknowns


These flowers I was unable to identify with any certainty.

This one here had a very nice design deep inside.

Yellow is the most common color of flowers in the desert it seems.


 If I have seen this plant before I most certainly have never seen the seed pods.

There are some very oddly different plants in the desert and for a good reason too no doubt.
This adaptation must insure its continued survival in some way.


7 comments:

  1. I hope you don't expect me to tell you their names :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not strictly "unknown" - you know the flowers, you just don't know what other people call them. There seems no end to the variations which nature can dream up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed beautiful desert plants. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really unusual plant, Tom. Yellow does seem to be the cactus color, either yellow or white, but we did have some bloom with a fuscia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting seed pods. I see a lot of yellow in the desert, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What interesting see pods. Look like a giant pea. The yellows against the harsh earth are so pretty. I bet it is a real treat for your eyes when you come up upon them. They look to be very happy and well adapted to their location.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.