The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Grills and I don't mean bar-b-que grills


These last few weeks I have been busy doing repairs, maintenance, additions and improvements to the Little House on the Highway.  As such I haven't been out and about very much, even for as little as a hike on the trails all during that time.  But they did have a car show this past weekend here in the old folks village where I live so I did go to that.  Old cars always provide good material for picture taking.

I love the grills on cars from yesteryear.  Some truly are pieces of art.



- more to come -


7 comments:

  1. Detroit steel at its most stylish. So much better than all the auto-clones produced today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one looks like a grimm mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cars. The influence of the time on cars is really stunning. But it is over before you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These shot brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see John... I've got a few vintage car shows coming up soon. I hope to share some pics.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.