The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Cactus and the Heat


Its been warm here lately, some may say HOT!  Not I.  I love this weather.  Next Wednesday we may hit 100 (37.8c)  here  (the next day they backed that prediction down a few degrees, "sigh").  Ah but nothing like Borrego Springs (where I'd like to live, in the desert of California close to the Mexican border) which will be anywheres from 111 (43.8c) to 115 (46c) for the next 10 days.  Yeah, that is a bit much.  And then there's Death Valley ranging from 115 to 122 (50c) for the next 10 days.  Yikes!

One of my more colorful cactus is loving this weather though.


9 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous!
    i have come to hate the texas summers... the one year where we had 74 days straight of over 100 degree temps broke me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I don't think I could handle that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's too hot for me. I prefer it around 80. Unfortunately once June hits, it's rarely just low 80's anymore. Of course our heat here in NJ tends to come with a lot of humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kind of heat reminds me of growing up in south Florida. It was sososoo hot. Your cactus is beautiful. The colors of the blooms of these plants always amaze me. Hope you are well. Bud ran last weekend and again today and leading a hike tomorrow. I am here nursing the old back while the workmen are tearing up and putting down new floors in the dining room and the kitchen. I wish I lived in a Tiny House :-) Am adjusting to life without tripping over Jack and his getting lost around and about. I really do miss him. Trouble is being a bit more tolerant of me with he is lone kitty which is nice. genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyable shots. This Hawaii girl is luxuriating in the "hot" San Fran Bay Area temps after my first winter in 30 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cactus blooms! We had these same blooms at our place near Joshua Tree about 3-4 weeks ago. They didn't last long. It's been low triple digits this weekend. Not too bad as long as it stays dry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great flowers. Good that something beautiful like these flowers blooms by the temperatures you have. I personally prefer a bit lower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cactus is beautiful, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lovely garden John... no chance of growing cacti here...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.